Hot fun in the summertime… We think Sly & the Family Stone’s ode to one of our favorite seasons was spot on this summer! So, we thought a summer picnic theme for one of our monthly treat days here in the office would be perfect. Think watermelon salsa, pink lemonade and many other sweet treats (insert diets crashing here). We’ve included a couple of our fav recipes from that day, try them out, we’re sure you’ll be hummin’ right along with us!
If you have an amazing picnic-friendly recipe comment and share it with us!
3 cups finely diced seedless watermelon (about 2 ¼ pounds with the rind)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup minced red onion
¼ teaspoon salt
Buckle Tip – Double recipe for group gathering
|Cake Batter Puppy Chow
5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
vegetable shortening, optional
1. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
2. Pour the cereal, cake mix, and powdered sugar into a paper bag or container with a lid.
3. Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
4. Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.
Buckle tip – add sprinkles!
Makes 5 cups
|Reece’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Start by making your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe
- Shape into balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes (or follow directions on your recipe) Remove from oven and immediately press a small Reece’s Peanut Butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan. Enjoy!
|The perfect drink for any summer get-together!
|You know what to eat, now what to wear!? Get outfit inspiration here for men and women.