Our Fall Checklist
Fall is a season all about change. The leaves change colors, the temperature changes, the fashion changes – all of it coming together to create a moment in time where you can focus on yourself and experience something new.
One of our favorite ways to experience everything the season has to offer is by making a bucket list. Here’s everything we’re planning on doing (and the moments we’re planning on making) in case you’d like to follow along.
- Bake a new recipe (maybe even try your hand at our favorite pie)
- Go apple or pumpkin picking
- Host a movie night (you bet we’re screening Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, Twitches, or Double, Double Toil and Trouble)
- Gather up your friends for the annual haunted house trip
- Take a spontaneous trip to somewhere new before the weather gets too cold
- Hit the farmers market before it wraps up for the season
- Make time for yourself – finish a book or even treat yourself to a new outfit
When it’s time to cross off that last one, head to the couch with your softest blanket, fuzziest socks, favorite fall candle, and of course a good book. Here’s what we’ll be reading this fall, just in case you want to join our unofficial book club.
Before it hits screens
“Daisy Jones & The Six” by Taylor Jenkins Reid
“The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” also by Taylor Jenkins Reid
“Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens (that’s right, we’re including this one again just in case you still need to read it 😉)
Spooky season approved
“Sharp Objects” by Gillian Flynn
“The Silent Patient” by Alex Michaelides
Anything from Stephen King, of course.
“It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be” by Paul Arden
“Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass” by Lana Del Rey
And last, but certainly not least, let’s wrap up this fall checklist with some style. Everything you need to create your own style moment is right here – just check each item off that’s in your closet (or we bet will be soon).
Men’s fall must-haves
- Denim, of course.
- Flannels because it’s not fall without them.
- Hoodies – they can be worn alone but also make for a great layering piece.
- This pair of Hey Dude boots. That’s right, Hey Dude boots are here!
Women’s fall must-haves
- Trend denim (we can’t get enough of dad jeans).
- A mock neck top with some contrast stitching is perfect for layering.
- A shacket – need we say more?
- A pair of boots, maybe even ones with a lug sole. Or, really just any pair of shoes from our fall shoe trend report.
- Your favorite hat style in an updated fall colorway.
Well, there you have it – everything you need to make this season one to remember! We don’t know about you, but we’re logging off and beginning to work through this list – making moments that matter.