Buckle Believes in Bullying Prevention – Tees That Give Back
“You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
Dive past our energetic playlists and racks of endless product, there is a heart and soul to every Buckle store.
One that goes deeper than styling the latest trends or pulling favorite brands. It’s a passion and a genuine willingness to make an impact.
Don’t believe us?
Next time you’re in one of our stores, we urge you to take a deeper look at our teammates. Not through the eyes of a customer, but through the eyes of a potential friend.
What will you find? Real people who come from all walks of life, with one common denominator – passion for people and product.
Because if you knew the real truth behind the teammates who make up Buckle, you would know that our employees are a “what you see, is what you get”, kind of real. A group of people who are as outgoing, kind, energetic (sometimes even loud), and most importantly, authentic to who they are day-in and day-out.
How are we sure? We know this as fact because Buckle believes in cultivating leaders through a business model that invests its resources into investing in others – both professionally and personally.
It’s what most people don’t know about us. And it’s what inevitably sets us apart.
So what does investing in our teammates and leaders have to do with bullying?
It’s close to our hearts.
We know the immeasurable impact a single act of kindness can have, and what can be accomplished when someone simply says the powerful words, “I believe in you”. It’s that kind of positive mentorship that moves and it’s a mindset where bullying has no place.
And so together, Buckle chooses to take a stance against bullying with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center (PACER), a non-profit who provides innovative resources to students, parents, and educators to help prevent bullying in schools and communities.
With special-edition men’s and women’s tees, Buckle is contributing 10% of the purchase price from select Buckle Believes styles to PACER to support bullying prevention.
It’s a cause our teammates truly stand behind, and it’s one that has rooted us in change.
See more facts on bullying or how you can help give back to PACER now.
Facts on Bullying:
- More than 1 in every 5 youth report being bullied.
- 64% of bullied youth do not report being bullied.
- Since 2007, the amount of youth who are cyberbullied has nearly doubled – going from 18% to 34%.
- Bullying is especially an issue affecting students with disabilities, students of color, and students who identify or are perceived as LGBTQ.
- Those who experience bullying are at an increased risk for anxiety and depression.
- Those who both experience and engage in bullying are at a greater risk for mental health and behavioral problems.
Read more statistics here.
Together, Buckle and PACER are united for:
- Kindness, acceptance, and inclusion
- To support youth who experience bullying
- To have safe and supportive schools and communities